Administrative Assistant (1 Year Contract)
Bereskin & Parr is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property (“IP”) law firms. We have over 230 employees, including more than 70 lawyers, patent and trademark agents, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to work within our Human Resources Department on a 1 (one) year contract. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Human Resources and be responsible for providing professional and timely administrative support to the Human Resources Team and Chief Operating Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain an internal Human Resources Information System (HRIS); including entering new hire information, updating all employee information as changes occur.
- Provide reports from HRIS as required.
- Prepare confidential correspondence such as employment verification letters.
- Monitor HR inbox and action items as appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute notices regarding internal staff changes.
- Track attendance – monitor employee sick calls, advise professionals of absences, email attendance daily, and process vacation requests
- Enter Overtime hours into HRIS.
- Assist with organizing a number of employee events and recognition programs.
- Assist with quarterly wellness and benefits related learning sessions.
- Coordinate bi-monthly digital employee newsletter, includes writing the HR section and collecting articles from each department.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
- Minimum two years of Human Resources experience and/or Executive Assistant experience.
- University degree and/or Post-Graduate Certificate.
- Certificate in Human Resources Management an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement in handling confidential information.
- High level of professionalism.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019. Please include "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by email (email@example.com) or by phone 416-957-1622.